Follow me on Twitter

Monday, June 6, 2011

Pictures....

Another brief picture update...
Some False heather blooming. For the past three months I have been reading every book I can get my hands on and talking to elders every chance I can get to learn as much as I can about the local fauna. When i close my eyes at night I literally think of plants, beautiful wonderful plants. I find myself with a very fast growing collection of photos, I want to try and capture them as they change and morph through the seasons. With spring here I feel like a bee ...floating from bloom to bloom ...

We went up north for a ride this last weekend. We roasted caribou on a small fire and dug up roots with an elder. We took my sister in laws tiny Chihuahua mix dog because he refused to be left behind. here he is, being dwarfed by the surrounding mountains. We nicknamed him our 'bear alarm' system. We did spot a very big bear off in the distance. He stared at us while we packed up our things....we think he was trying to figure out if we were a threat or not since we were sitting in a area were bears regularly dig up them same roots we were. They are a bit hungry and crazy this time of year, so we left before he got too brave.
We ran into a few of these giant holes along the way. It looked as if a lot of water had frozen in the permafrost layer, expanding through the layer of ground above it.....then with the arrival of the hot summer weather it melted....

To me they looked a bot like mother earth had gotten bad acne....




No comments:

Post a Comment